Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Seriously, what's the deal?

I've been to three grocery stores - Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Safeway - and not a single one of them carries large pasta shells. You know, the big ones that you use for stuffed shells? Nada. Not a one. And it's not just that they were out - from what I can tell, there isn't any space on the shelves in any one of those for large shells. Other than TJ's, they don't even have the excuse of a limited selection... Whole Foods and Safeway both had around thirty different varieties of pasta, in all sorts of shapes and sizes, yet somehow managed to totally neglect this crucial element.

So, what's the story? Am I going to find out that stuffed shells are a Midwestern delicacy, unknown on the west coast? Does the Bay Area have some philosophical objection to the practice? Or have I somehow managed to create a specialized pasta vortex that annihilates what I'm looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment