Friday, January 11, 2008

I like making lists

My least-favorite things about being an adult:
  1. Paying rent.
  2. Choosing a doctor, mechanic, dentist, etc. instead of going wherever your parents do.
  3. Having a desk job: not because I dislike it, but because it decreases the time available for playing video games.
  4. Lack of time in general to pursue non-productive interests like reading, learning new languages, writing the Great American Novel, etc.
  5. Looking for a job. (Glad I don't have to do that any more!)
My favorite things about being an adult:
  1. Going to bed whenever I want.
  2. Voting.
  3. Self-directed travel: to Japan, to the Googleplex, and more.
  4. Being able to buy a new computer... and put it together!
  5. In general, feeling secure and in charge of my destiny.
The strangest things about being an adult:
  1. Being called "sir".
  2. Getting carded for alcohol more than five years after turning legal.
  3. Attending friends' weddings and seeing their children.
  4. Using first names when speaking to people in my parent's generation.
  5. Realizing that I am a twenty-seven year old lying on my living room floor and playing Final Fantasy XII for four consecutive hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment