Thursday, May 22, 2008

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Just watched the Season 4 finale of House. While this is a pretty solid show from week to week (at least in the opinion of this long-time Hugh Laurie fan), the finales have always been especially wonderful. That great trend continues.

One of the best moments comes about halfway through the episode. I suddenly perked up and wondered, "Is that... could it be?" Yep! It was "Teardrop," the song that starts off every episode. However, this was a different, acoustic version that I had never heard before. After the episode finished, I went to The Internet to investigate. Turns out that it's by a chap named Jose Gonzales, and - hooray! - it is available for free!

Anyways. This isn't terribly significant, but it's fun to hear a fresh take on a song I love. I think I've mentioned this before, but Massive Attack was a big part of what kept me going through the first awkward episodes of this show. I love the band, and it's great to see that like so many other great acts, they have created a canon that can be translated into different styles while still sounding good. I hope they keep making those wonderful creepy songs, and will hurry up and release a new album already!

No comments:

Post a Comment