Organizations with whom I am well pleased:
- Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles: For working through confusing issues with me, and not even charging me for it. You are a rare gem that brings luster to the acronym DMV.
- Cook's Illustrated Magazine: For being one of the only periodicals that does not include loose subscription cards between its pages. You save me time and aggravation, and both me and my carpet thank you.
- Electronic Arts: I am generally not a fan, but I wish to give them credit for making an online store where you can purchase games for digital delivery.
- Warm Planet Bikes: For making my wonderful new job possible. I am still amazed that you guys do what you do.
- Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Cosentino's: For employing people who smile at me and make me feel welcome. I now shudder whenever I need to go to Safeway or Lucky.
- The San Francisco Chronicle: For being a newspaper site that does not nag me to register or pay for extra access. Oh, and for also, you know, reporting the NEWS.
- San Jose Public Library System: For saving me hundreds - no, thousands of dollars - in book purchases; for keeping the King branch open late at night and on Sundays; and for opening a beautiful new branch in Willow Glen and breaking ground blocks from my apartment.
- The State of California: For preserving parks and shoreline of amazing natural beauty, and acting with foresight to help me breathe clean air. (Note: This praise is contingent upon passage of the 2008 budget.)