Friday, September 26, 2008

Shiver me timbers!

Arrr!

Aw, heck... I'm far from the most talented pirate-speaker out there. I still wholeheartedly love it, though. Which is part of why I was so enthused when two major web sites, Google and Facebook, both rolled out pirate language versions in honor of this year's Talk Like A Pirate Day. The Facebook translation is particularly well done, and I'm enjoying Facebook much more now than I have for a while.

Since then I have encouraged others to get on board, which has caused some confusion and consternation. Apparently, the pirate thing was a special-occasion thing for TLAPD, and is no longer available to the general public. Avast, the scurvy dogs be pullin' for a trip to Davy Jones' locker! All hope is not lost, though - apparently, you can still access the Pirate version through a special Translations application.

If any of you do this and it works, great! If it doesn't offer more piraticalitudeness, let me know and I'll correct this post. If you already are a Facebook pirate, I'd suggest not switching your language if you plan to go back.

And now, let's sail into the sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment