Saturday, May 02, 2009

C Power

A quick housekeeping note:  (Heh, heh... "Housekeeping"... get it?)

I've recently spun off a new blog, "Chris Contemplates California Condo Capture", which can be abbreviated C^5 and pronounced "C to the fifth".  It is intended to serve as a sort of public series of musings on my real estate journey.

There's an obvious and very fair question to ask: given that Timmy's House of Sprinkles is terminally unfocused anyways, why not just add yet another set of tags to the mix?  The reason is that I suspect that the blog may actually end up being slightly useful, to an admittedly tiny number of people.  As I've discovered for myself, while there is a ton of general real estate information and advice out there, it's extremely difficult to find independent sources of info on the local level.  Given that I'll be spending about a year total within this space, I hope to emerge from it with a small amount of authority on the very narrow space I'm looking at: mid-level condominiums in the San Francisco Bay Area around the end of the aughts.  Or, to put it another way: I would love to find a blog out there that chronicled someone's attempts to acquire what I'm looking for, and I hope that it will help at least one other person do the same.

All that said, there is almost no chance that the one person in question is a reader of Timmy's House of Sprinkles, so it makes no sense to combine the two.  This way normal readers can avoid yet another silly tangent, and future Googlers won't need to sift through breathless recountings of epic fantasy turn-based strategy battles in order to find out who the decent mortgage lenders in the area are.

You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment