Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Dispatches from the (Virtual) Office

I almost never write about my day job on here, but I've recently released a couple of mobile apps that were really fun to work on and that I'm actually enjoying using, so I thought I'd drop a quick note about them!


Late last year I helped develop the Android version of Greg, a plant-care app. It will identify your plant species, ask you some questions about it, and give you advice on how much sunlight it needs and how much water to give it. We recently added a new Communities feature where you can post questions about your plant (why are the leaf edges turning brown??) and other people in your area can provide advice. 

 


And today we launched NatureDose, a personalized nature prescription that monitors the time you spend outdoors. We created this in partnership with some smart folks up in Oregon who have been studying the many positive effects that spending time in nature has on our physical and mental health, above and beyond the benefits of exercise. I've been enjoying getting "credit" for my hikes in the hills and my walks in the neighborhood, and once it gets warmer hopefully some lounging on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment