Friday, February 03, 2006

I'm thinking of a word right now, but it's not "kitty."

Everyone gets songs stuck in their head. I'm afraid I might be going crazy, though.

On Wednesday, it was AFI's "Head Like a Hole." It was really bad; I was almost ready to start singing it because it was the only thing I could think about.
HEAD LIKE A HOLE! BLACK AS YOUR SOUL!
I'D RATHER DIE THAN GIVE YOU CONTROL!
Bow down before the one you serve
You're going to get what you deserve...

Today, it's a song from a church musical of the "G. T. and the Halo Express" school:
Input, Output
What goes in is what comes out
Input, Output
That is what it's all about
Input, Output
Your life is a computer whose
Input, Output
Daily you must choose.
Let the Bible be your
Primary feed
It's got all the
Data you need.
Talk to Jesus
All the time
That's the way that you can stay on-line!

And, worst of all, now that I've actually written both out, I'm starting to think that these songs have something in common. Both are about filling your head, and both caution that outcomes are contingent upon actions.

Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment