Thursday, April 13, 2006

Time of the Season

Hi all! Just a quickie update on Lost now. Later tonight I'll probably be putting up my post on Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, but I wanted to comment on Pat's post before I forget. The rest of this post contains MINI SPOILERS for the season finale; actually clicking on Pat's link will take you to MEGA SPOILERS.

Now that I've written this, never mind. The whole thing is MEGA SPOILERS.

I'm glad Pat wrote about Hurley and Libby making hand-made jam in the Lost season finale - I remember thinking it was interesting when I first read about it, but it totally got shoved out by all the other stuff that happened. It didn't seem to lead anywhere definitive by the end, but it's almost certainly one of those cases where they're laying the groundwork here for a big payoff in the third season. And what exactly will that be? I have no clue. Maybe Libby has been infected by the Others, and the jam business will be a distribution network to get the rest of the survivors? Maybe they'll go looking for jam-jars and stumble on the Dharma warehouse? Maybe... ah, heck, I don't know, but it'll probably be cool.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the Charlie thing. I've been expecting him to die since the end of first season. The mode is certainly unexpected, though, and I agree that more insanity is always a good thing.

Oh, and I didn't want to gloat, but: holy &@%$! SoaP! That was unbelievable. And bizarre. I ASSUME it's some sort of preemptive homage, or weird cross-promotional thing (though I don't think the studios are affiliated). It'd be even more bizarre if they came up with the ideas independently. Anyways, while Lost was already one of my top shows, having the nerve to put snakes on a plane catapults it into the realm of All Time Best Shows.

Better get back to work. Keep watching the skies! Er, I mean... can't wait to see what happens next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment