Saturday, October 01, 2005

Housekeeping

First, I see we have a new reader! Congratulations, Andrew. I now know of four, count 'em, four people who have ever laid eyes on this sliver of cyberspace.

I just updated the template for this blog. While going through some posts late last night I finally realized that the color scheme and small text made it hard to read. Maybe it's just me, but I'm hoping that a dark-on-light scheme is easier when reading voluminous amounts of text. Feedback will be politely acknowledged.

I also realized that I had forgotten the main reason I started writing about Civ in the first place. I've contacted some of you already about this, but do let me know if you're interested in joining a Civ league. Even if the singleplayer game doesn't meet my expectations, I have reason to be optimistic about the multiplayer; this time, they designed the multiplayer game first and the single player second, and the development team has spent two years testing multiplayer in its various incarnations. I'll need to fiddle with it myself to get a feel for what will work, but right now I'm thinking a mix of secure listings for quickie games (interested people will be vetted by me and given a password that allows them to access AIM logins or whatever for other people who are up for 1-hour quick games) and a semi-regular schedule for larger PITBOSS games (long-lived persistent games), for example every Thursday from 6-8 PST, though obviously we'd vote on the exact time. Anyways, just shooting out thoughts here. Expect future communications once the game is in my grubby little hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment