Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Artists Only

I don't have any new ideas for posts, but I feel like it's been too long since I've done anything. So, here's a collection of lists.

The Five Best Video Games I've Ever Played, That I Thought Of While Sitting Here (e.g., the list would probably be different tomorrow):
  1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Ultima VII
  4. Sid Meier's Civilization 2
  5. Baldur's Gate II
The Five Video Games That Have Had The Greatest Influence On Me:
  1. Castle (Old DOS game)
  2. Hero Quest / Quest for Glory I
  3. Space Quest III
  4. Ultima VI
  5. Civilization II
The Five Video Games I've Probably Spent the Most Time Playing:
  1. Dance Dance Revolution (various mixes)
  2. Civilization
  3. Civilization II
  4. The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (And I'm not even done yet! Maybe not even halfway!)
  5. Half-Life (counting online play)
The Five Greatest Disappointments:
  1. Ultima IX
  2. Civilization III
  3. Black & White
  4. Xenosaga Episode I
  5. Return to Krondor
Five Games I Respect Greatly For Their Creativity That Are Also Fun But Don't Last Long Enough To Justify Being My Favorite Or Most Influential:
  1. Rez
  2. Ico
  3. Space Channel 5
  4. Super Monkey Ball
  5. Katamari Damacy
Idea for future posts: describe why titles made the list, especially the "biggest influence" ones.

I shouldn't wait until a later post to clarify that "Disappointment" does NOT mean something I disliked; rather, these are all games I enjoy that, except for a fatal flaw or two, would have had a shot at my Top Ten list. Except for Return to Krondor. That was just an awful game and a waste of the excellent legacy of Betrayal at Krondor.

I'll probably linkify this post in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Please God, tell me you're kidding about the DDR...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I've been discovered! I can 'splain, though. Mayhap I shall do so in a future post.

    ReplyDelete